Local Business Highlights
In the midst of this surreal time, we remain hopeful for what cannot be stifled: our community spirit. Some may be hesitant to venture out and be closer than three feet from our neighbors. Life feels paused in many places. Yet the narrative is different in other spaces. In particular, our local businesses are open, moving forward, and focused on providing us their trusted best.
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, as a locally owned business, Macon Magazine is steady. Ever committed to supporting out community of advertisers, the great stories, and this entire Central Georgia community. We are gathering here a list of news about local businesses and their missions regarding any COVID-19 related updates.
We asked the question, how can we help each other? It is important now, more than ever, to support our local businesses in any way we can. Macon Magazine is here to promote he positive, give readers something to do for good, to know for good, and to find connection in the face of separateness and fear, together. Check back regularly for updates.
- The Web’s clubhouse remains open, including a freezer stocked with casseroles and a clean kids corner. The club will provide members with alternative virtual programming throughout the week.
- Travis Jean Emporium is now selling e-gift cards, the perfect easy option to help them out now, and treat yourself later.
- The Macon Arts Alliance Gallery will remain open. Their Fired Works exhibition and sale will be postponed to mid-June.
- The Central City Bake Off will be postponed to late spring.
- The Tubman Museum’s Pan African Festival is cancelled until further notice.
- The Historic Macon Foundation Flea Market will be postponed until further notice.
- Marco Ristorante Italiano will be open only for to-go orders, Monday-Saturday 5:30-8:30.
- 1842 Inn will remain open with a relaxed cancellation policy and with staff prepared and practicing heightened cleaning and disinfecting procedures. Sign up for their e-newsletters and receive 50% off your third night’s stay!
- Oh Honey Baking Co. has temporarily postponed taking new orders.
- FOJ remains open for gift card purchases and curbside pickup for call-in orders included family-sized meal options. Give them a call to order!
- Vein Specialists of the South is offering virtual consultations and helpful tips for preventing blood clots during social distancing time via their Facebook page.
- Orange Theory Macon has temporarily closed.
- Spa Medical is offering 20% off all their products with free shipping or curbside pickup options.
- Pinebrook Bottle Shop remains open, encouraging the community to support small businesses during this time. Pinebrook has increased cleaning and sanitization proceeders in the store, and kindly reminds customers to keep 6 feet of distance between one another when shopping.
- Village Marketplace will keep regular hours as long as possible, and is continually stocking their shelves with fresh, local goods. Stay up to date on their latest inventory via their Facebook page, and call to hear about their flexible pickup options!
- Pure Barre Macon has suspended in-studio classes until early April, and is offering clients at-home classes via live stream. Not a client but want to join in? Email them to get set up.
- The Greater Macon Chamber of Commerce is facilitating a program to get our hospitals and healthcare providers needed supplies. If any organization or individual has a surplus of items like hand sanitizer, masks, toilet paper and cleaning supplies available for purchase, please email Renee.Finley@HCAhealthcare.com.
- Circa and Miramar are instilling curbside pickup orders only. Call (478) 621-4140 to place an order today. Hours are 11am-2pm for lunch and 5pm-9pm, with full menus available from both restaurants.
- All Moonhanger Group restaurants are temporarily closed: Natalia’s, H&H, Dovetail, and The Rookery.
- Hargray Capitol Theatre is also temporarily closed, and is updating show information, cancellations, and postponements daily.
- The Back Burner Restaurant is temporarily closed.
- Oliver’s Corner Bistro is offering a special dinner menu for curbside pickup only. Give them a call to order!
- The Society Garden is offering to-go wine slushies, mix-and-match beer six packs, and growler fill-ups all for 35% off. Call ahead to order and pick up at the gate!
- The Grand has postponed upcoming in-person shows, but is brining us many exciting digital community arts and entertainment options over the coming weeks. Fill out this form or message The Grand on Facebook to see how you can get involved!
- Christian’s is open for curbside takeout orders only, 5:30-8:30 pm. Give them a call to order!
The following downtown eateries are now offering curbside pickup:
- 497 Second Street
- Decadent Dessert Bar
- Famous Mike’s
- Fatty’s Pizza
- Felicia’s Cake Factory
- Just Tap’d
- Kinjo Kitchen & Cocktails
- Macon Beer Company
- Parish on Cherry
- Piedmont Brewery and Kitchen
- Ocmulgee Brewpub
- Oliver’s Corner Bistro
- Taste and See Coffee Shop
- Z Beans Coffee